Manager, Alliances & Supply Chain
Reporting to the Vice-President, Corporate Development, the Manager, Alliances and Supply Chain will be responsible for successful relationship and contractual management of alliance programs resulting from Business Development & Licensing transactions and the development and execution of the supply plan.
Takes responsibility to maximize corporate partnerships; leads efforts to ensure all company partnerships proceed to their goals efficiently, effectively and harmoniously.
Acts as the primary liaison between Supply Chain and other functional groups; analyzes impact of market insight and translates the sales forecast and inventory position for all products to provide requirements to third party manufacturing sites. Assesses, tracks, communicates, and alleviates gaps in supply.
Alliance Management Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for organization of timely and seamless implementation of new alliances with both internal and external teams at all levels
- Identify and align key stakeholders across internal and partner functions. Ensure alliance governance is established and functions efficiently, consistent with agreement intent.
- Track progress of all partnerships, including coordinating the reporting of the KPIs, as well as leading regular progress reviews.
- Identify the important value drivers and key risks to partnerships, ensuring internal team stays focused on key strategic aspects and leading efforts to mitigate risks.
- Proactively identifies and resolves conflicts as needed, or raises conflicts and disputes to appropriate management or committees for timely resolution.
- Provide to each alliance partner an open and continuous channel of communication to ensure partner perspectives are heard and well represented internally.
- Devise alliance contract summaries, milestone schedules, outline roles and responsibilities, define rights and obligations.
- Provide guidance internally to team and senior management to ensure appropriate governance and oversight of contractual rights and obligations.
- Support evolution of alliances through their life cycles, including; critical review of partner business plans and make recommendations on investments to drive profitable growth through management of any necessary contractual amendments or agreement terminations.
- Represent Cipher at JSC, JCC and JDC meetings.
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Develop supply plan based on sales forecast and manufacturing constraints; analyze order patterns and requirements to continuously improvement supply and demand.
- Apply continuous improvement to inventory control management processes.
- Translate supply plan into rolling forecasts and executable purchase orders with third party manufacturers as stipulated in supply agreements.
- Work with internal and third party manufactures on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods inventory according to scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Optimize inventory/supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring satisfaction of customer orders.
- Coordinate inventory shipments amongst operational and quality teams to ensure seamless delivery to distribution centers.
- Balance inventory requirements to minimize the potential for back-orders.
- Communicate potential gaps in supply to ensure adequate inventory management of items in short supply.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of product line, business captured, business lost and market changes.
- Compile and maintain a high quality of all data in all reporting and documentation.
- Ensure compliance to current SOPs for inventory control and purchasing.
- Support and participation in the Commercial Operations Planning Process through summary of key supply/capacity constraints.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree required; preferably in Business or Supply Chain
- Direct experience in the following functions:
o Business alliance management – enabling partnerships to deliver on its goals
o Financial modeling, and product forecasting,
- A minimum of 3 yrs business alliance and 3 yrs supply chain experience preferably the Pharmaceutical / Biotech/ Medical Device industry;
- Experience with third party manufacturers
- Knowledge of Health Canada/FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP), PAAB, Rx&D, PMPRB Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Firm understanding of Commercial Operations, Quality and Regulatory
- Broad understanding of pharmaceutical and biotech industries with a solid understanding of drug licensing and the product development processes
- Experience in understanding and interpretation of contractual language
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Engaging people – highly effective at building constructive and effective relationships with a diverse set of people both internally and externally; significant cross-functional management capabilities
- Skill in implementing objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources; results-oriented, creates better ways of doing things for optimal performance
- Analytical thinker with strong problem resolution skills; anticipates and detects supply issues and leads the prompt resolution to minimize or negate market impact; exhibits judgment and a realistic understanding of issues and demonstrates a bias for action
- Comfortable responding to inquiries from management, customers and regulatory agencies
- Ability to perform in high-pressure and fast-paced environment
- Ability to diffuse issues in a professional and calm manner; skilled influencer
- Strong team player but able to work independently
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, organize & prioritize multiple projects/activities; demonstrates autonomy
- Strong work ethic; conducts business in a credible, honest and ethical manner; demonstrates the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ability to prepare timely, accurate, detailed and concise reports as requested
- Above average computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, but especially Excel
- Greater than 25% travel domestic and international is expected